North Pinellas Advocates for Racial Equity catalyzes our community to transform ideas and dreams into action through partnering with like-minded individuals, community groups and organizations to accomplish our vision.
Art Making and Racial Equity:
A Conversation with three Artists of Color
Tuesday, May 24th 6-8pm on Zoom
Register for the event here: https://www.facebook.com/events/399696435398745/?ref=newsfeed
In this 2-hour panel conversation, we hear how three distinctive and accomplished artists advocate for racial justice through their artmaking and how their personal journeys as artists of color have influenced their perspectives. The panel will be facilitated by Celeste Davis, Executive Director for Tampa Bay Businesses for Culture & the Arts. Panelists are Andrea Assaf, Jai Hinson, and John Parks.
Executive Director at Artz 4 Life Academy and
Founder and Artistic Director for
The Goal: To catalyze support for businesses owners of color in north Pinellas County.
A Two-Pronged Strategy:
We are working to:
- Create a community of business owners of color who support each other and the North Pinellas community as a whole. They would meet together monthly.
- Establish a dialogue between the community business owners of color, local chambers of commerce, economic development officials, elected officials, and other interested parties.
The goal of these meetings will be to develop a common understanding of the needs and wishes of all toward active mutual support.
BOCA, an off-shoot of NPARE’s Economic Development Initiative, is a place for business owners of color to meet and get…
- The Support we need to make it through the lows of owning a business
and celebrate the highs!
- The Resources we don’t know about that can help our businesses.
- The Information we need about new and existing opportunities.
- The Influence with the north Pinellas County establishment that we can access only together.
Starting April at 6pm & every 2nd Tuesday of the month!
we meet at THE HUB in the Dunedin Chamber of Commerce building 301 Main St. Dunedin, Fl!
if you have questions and to
let us know you are coming!
Instigate financial literacy for young people of color in north Pinellas County
Catalyze leadership training for people of color in north county.
Vice Mayor, City of Dunedin
Director of Human Rights, Pinellas County
Business Owner and Artist
Merry Lynn Morris
Chair, Dance Department, USF
Pastor, First Presbyterian Church, Dunedin
CEO, Center for Human Systems
Get in Touch
If you would like to get involved, are interested in attending a monthly community meeting with businesses in Pinellas, or have questions about the organization, please reach out!